Don’t be startled by this revelation – our skin starts to lose its elasticity and suppleness by 1% from the age of 20 onwards. After 25, dead skin cells shed at a much lower rate and in the 30s, fat cells begin to shrink making the skin appear dull. In the late 20s, collagen and elastin production start to decrease and that’s when the process of fine lines and wrinkles start to show if proper care is not taken to maintain skin’s natural elasticity and suppleness. 25 is not the age when you think about growing old, but the signs of ageing start to set in and when you actually start to notice them, maybe it would get too late. So, 25 is the right time to take preventive anti-ageing measures. In this post, we list down 13 things every woman must do after 25 to stay youthful and preserve the smooth and supple texture of her skin. These tips will help you to stay younger for longer and your ageing process will be slow and graceful.
1. Use a Moisturizing Cleanse: Say goodbye to harsh cleansers that leave skin dry and stretchy because they will make your skin age faster by ripping your skin off of natural oils. It is always advisable to use milk-based cleansers (for dry skin) or mild cleansers (for oily skin). You can also introduce cleansing oils to your routine and use it before using any foam-based face wash. The double cleansing method actually helps you to remove all dirt and makeup without making the skin dry and stretchy.
2. Chemical exfoliator: As your skin starts to age, it is better to avoid physical exfoliation. Harsh and rough granules can cause skin damage and wrinkles. Try using chemical-peels containing glycolic acid and vitamin C which would remove dead skin cells gently and bring forth soft, supple, and bright skin.
3. Hydrating product: Along with a good moisturizer, your skin needs hydration too. Often lack of hydration fastens the ageing process. You must add a hydrating product, like Bioxelan, to your skin care routine 3-4 times a day. You can also use hydrating masks once or twice a month to get a quick dose of hydration.
4. Follow a good massaging routine: If you want your skin to stay younger, it is important to massage the skin regularly. Try to use a jade roller or a 3D Y shaped platinum roller to massage the skin. Keep such a roller in the refrigerator overnight and use it in the morning while sipping your favorite tea. The cool surface will relax the skin and the rolling motion would boost circulation. This in turn would help with skin renewal and the visible signs of ageing are reduced.
5. Drink Green Tea: Along with adding antioxidants to skincare routine, it is important to add it to your diet too. Green tea is an excellent detox tea that removes toxins and rejuvenates the body from within. Replace your milk tea with this and your body will stay younger for longer.
6. Eat Healthy Fats: You cannot have a fat-free diet just because you want to stay slim. It is important to add some good fats in your diet. Omega-3 fatty acid keeps your body fit and your skin radiant, but this does not mean you can grab a burger from your favorite fast-food chain. Try to eat healthy fats by consuming foods such as walnut, salmon, pumpkin seeds, groundnut, etc. Ghee and butter are also good sources of healthy fat.
7. Drink enough water: We often tend to forget about drinking enough water due to our busy lifestyle, but try to make it a habit and drink at least 3 liters of water daily. Set alarms in your phone and drink water at regular intervals.
This will keep the body hydrated and helps you to prevent the signs of ageing effectively.
8. Practise Yoga: Yoga and meditation are excellent forms of exercise that anyone can do. You must practice yoga if you want to stay fit and flexible for long. Regular yoga practice also benefits your skin. Meditation keeps you stress free which keeps you mentally younger in the long run.
9. Avoid Using Soap on the Face: Say no to soap because almost all soaps rip the natural oils from the skin, making it dry, dehydrated, and dull. Use a mild and gentle cleanser, one which would match the pH of the skin.
10. Wear a Sunscreen Every Single Day: We have always maintained that sunscreen is a must-have product in everyone’s skincare routine because harsh sun rays can accelerate premature ageing, cause hyperpigmentation, and leave skin dehydrated. Look for sunscreens with zinc oxide and broad spectrum protection
11. Look for skincare products with Hydrolyzed collagen, hyaluronic acid, elastin and vitamins to prevent premature ageing and to nourish skin. Bioxelan contains all these ingredients and more.